Phillips Fencing, Inc. has been providing security, privacy, and beauty through our fence and deck products since 1975. Our mission is 100% Customer Satisfaction–Guaranteed. We are currently going through a growth period and need your help. We’re very excited about the vision and direction we are headed.
Type of Employment: Full Time
Number of Hours: 40-50
Hours of Operation: 6:45am-3:30pm
Wages: $12-$18/ hr
Benefits: TBD (vacation/ bonuses /hc)
You assist with the components of the installation process. Your focus is on the completion of the end result, while staying connected to the many intricate parts and pieces. You ensure that our mission for 100% CUSTOMER SATISFACTION is met and exceeded each day by adhering to the company principles, high quality installation and customer service standards that are in place.
Responsibilities, Accountabilities & Expectations:
You work closely with your Install Leader and the Field Operations Manager. Your work ethic and positive attitude is very important to the success of your team and the company as a whole.
Our primary aim is to achieve 100% Customer Satisfaction; ensuring that our mission, principles, culture and goals show in all that we do.
A group of guidelines are listed below. Our company principles will continue to guide and refine our roles and responsibilities.
Qualifications, Requirements or Desired Skills
The following is a list of things that make you a great fit for the position and this company. We believe in helping our team grow and develop into their positions so training will be available and ongoing.
- You’re someone who is eager to contribute to the growth and future of the company while in return getting rewarded for the results you create.
- You are someone who strives for growth both professionally and personally, and value the benefits of a great company culture, timeless principles, and goal setting.
- You are organized and detail-oriented.
- You’re someone who is dependable (I’m talking about VERY dependable… not the “This usually doesn’t happen, but it happened again” type). I would prefer if you were that person in grade school that got the award when moving on to middle school for perfect attendance in every grade–you have a dependable vehicle, too.
- You stay objective and like to always use logic to make decisions.
- You’re cool and relaxed and like to have fun, yet you’re always pushing to get things done. You enjoy working with others but don’t waste time chatting the day away. You know the value of building relationships, yet there is a time and place for social-hour.
- High School diploma
- Valid driver license
- Adherence to Drug and Alcohol Free Policy
- Additional education preferred, specifically in fields such as business or project management, customer service, or construction.
- Able to make measurements, leveling, constructing and build things
- You can push a wheelbarrow, use post hole diggers, and general hand tools
- You’re good at managing yourself and time
- You may have experience in customer service
- Basic knowledge of construction procedures or able to learn quickly
- Good communication and interpersonal skills are desired
- Ability to work in various weather conditions
- You have good decision making and problem solving skills
- Can assist in keeping projects moving
- Help to ensure that project sites are cleaned and safe before and after a project
- Brief install leader about progress, improvement ideas or issues that may arise
- Help to ensure that all materials, supplies, tools and equipment are used in an efficient and safe manner
- Measure, calculate, and mark cutting lines on materials and use hand tools and or equipment to saw or cut them
- Believing in, knowing, and performing company principles and culture.
- Understanding the vision and the “why” of the company.
- Knowing, following, and performing in accordance to established Operations Manual.
- Being dependable and punctual.
- Courteous and respectful to ALL team members, customers and others you have contact with during your day.
- Professionalism: being in uniform; good grooming habits; no smoking on jobsites, company grounds or property
- Adherence to the Zero-tolerance drug and alcohol policy
- Positive attitude—negativity will not be tolerated
- Open communication within and throughout all departments. Voice suggestions as well as concerns.
- Help build a positive and fun, family culture within the company.
- Love what you do.
- Leave a positive impression on the people you meet each day.
- Practice respect and care of PFI property—this includes vehicles, equipment, tools, etc.—lack of respect results in damages, loses and expenses—therefore, reducing net profits—therefore, reducing bonuses.
- Resourcefulness and continuous improvement in all areas of you work and life.
- Be willing to try new ideas for the good of the customer, the organization, and for productivity.
- Our people are our greatest assets. Our time is our greatest resource. Treat them both with care.
- Individuals will be rewarded for their contributions as well as the collective team contributions to the org.
- Bonus compensation will be linked directly to results. Carefully considering each expectation, as well as overall performance, both individual and as a team.
Work environment will consist primarily outdoors. There will be times, however, that you’ll need to be indoors due to indoor projects, shop work, seasonal or poor weather conditions.
Working outdoors requires you to be prepared for all weather conditions. If you are sensitive to these conditions this position is not for you. On the other hand, if you like being outdoors and a regular change of scenery, you’ll love it.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
This position requires a combination of physical and mental skills. Typically, you’re able to complete up to a 10-hour day. You may be lifting, pushing, twisting & turning while completing day-to-day activities. Sustained energy outputs, a positive attitude and strong work ethic is required.