I’m sure you have that person/couple on your friends list. Maybe a few in fact. The couple that posts way to many “cutesy” photos. Maybe it’s the couple that airs their dirty laundry when they get in a fight. Perhaps they just brag too much about how perfect their relationship is. Well, there’s a good chance that maybe that relationship isn’t as perfect as it seems.
According to a study published last year in the Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin, the more insecure you feel in your relationship, the more likely you are to post about your significant other online. The results showed that you’re more likely to seek validation by way of Likes and double-taps when you’re actually feeling less secure with your significant other.
So, if you’re worried that you may be one of those couples on social media, here are 8 tips on how to act online that are followed by couples who are thriving in their relationship. -GM
1. They keep the public affirmations of their love to a minimum.
2. They don’t air their dirty laundry.
3. They don’t post bedroom selfies.
4. They don’t brag about lavish gifts and gestures.
5. They don’t send passive-aggressive messages on social media.
6. They keep it cute, not cutesy.
7. They don’t do joint accounts.
8. They use discretion on posting overall.