It’s cold, baby! We started at -11 this morning, and even though it’s going to warm up later this weekend, your vehicle is still going to be a freezer when you climb in it today. With that in mind, we found an interesting list of 5 Things You Should Never Leave In A Cold Car, and one of these could even explode!
1. Cellphones: Lithium-ion batteries popular in these devices are particularly vulnerable to extreme cold.
2. Canned beverages: They might explode!
3. Musical instruments: Those made of wood may contract with the cold, causing tuning issues and other damage.
4. Medication: Freezing causes certain drugs to lose their effectiveness, including those that need to be shaken.
5. Low gas tank: Keeping the gas level above half a tank will prevent fuel lines from freezing.
And of course, it goes without saying you should never leave pets out in these conditions!