Fifty ideas for topping your Hot Dogs! With your Super Bowl party in mind this should help out! Enjoy!! 1. Five-Spice Ketchup Mix 1 cup ketchup, the juice of 1 lime and 2 teaspoons five-spice powder. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Curry Ketchup Cook 1/4 cup minced onion in a saucepan with 1 tablespoon butter until soft, 3 minutes. Add 1 teaspoon each curry powder and paprika and a pinch of cayenne; cook until toasted, 1 minute. Add 1 cup ketchup and 1/2 cup water; simmer until thick, about 25 minutes.
3. Spicy Peanut Ketchup Mix 3/4 cup ketchup, 1/3 cup peanut butter, the juice of 1 lime, 1 tablespoon harissa or other chile paste and 1/4 teaspoon each coriander, smoked paprika, cinnamon and cayenne.
4. Bloody Mary Ketchup Mix 3/4 cup ketchup, 1/4 cup horseradish, 2 teaspoons hot sauce, 1 teaspoon celery salt and 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce.
5. Sun-Dried Tomato Ketchup Puree 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes with 1 tablespoon of the oil from the jar, 2 tablespoons cider vinegar, 1 tablespoon brown sugar, 1/4 teaspoon each cayenne and ground ginger and 1/4 cup water until smooth.
6. Scallion-Bacon Ketchup Cook 4 slices diced bacon until crisp; drain on paper towels, reserving the drippings. Mix 3/4 cup ketchup, 1/4 cup chopped scallions, the bacon and 1 tablespoon each bacon drippings and Worcestershire sauce.
7. Roasted Garlic Mustard Wrap 8 cloves garlic in foil; roast 30 minutes at 400 degrees F. Squeeze the garlic out of its skin and puree with 1/2 cup Dijon mustard, 1/3 cup maple syrup, and salt and pepper.
8. Jerk Ketchup Mix 3/4 cup ketchup, 2 tablespoons jerk seasoning, 1 tablespoon pineapple or peach preserves and 1 tablespoon lime juice.
9. Dill Mustard Mix 1/2 cup yellow mustard, 1/4 cup each finely chopped dill pickles and white onions, and 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill.
10. Stout Mustard Mix 2 tablespoons stout beer, 1/4 cup each whole-grain and Dijon mustard, 1/2 minced small shallot and 2 teaspoons brown sugar.
11. Apple-Fennel Mustard Mix 1/2 cup Dijon mustard, 1 grated peeled apple, 1 minced shallot, 2 tablespoons brown sugar and 2 teaspoons crushed fennel seeds.
12. Peach-Thyme Mustard Mix 1/2 cup peach preserves, 1 tablespoon each whole-grain and Dijon mustard, 1 teaspoon lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme and a pinch of salt.
13. Pico de Gallo Mix 3 chopped tomatoes, 1 diced seeded jalapeno, 1 diced red onion, 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro, 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin, and salt to taste.
14. Pineapple Salsa Make Pico de Gallo (No. 13) and add 1 cup diced pineapple, 2 extra tablespoons chopped cilantro, 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice and a pinch of sugar.
15. Roasted Tomato Salsa Broil 5 plum tomatoes and 1 sliced red onion, about 6 minutes. Pulse in a food processor with 1 chipotle in adobo plus 1 teaspoon sauce from the can, 2 tablespoons cilantro and 1 teaspoon cider vinegar.
16. Honey Mustard Mix 1/4 cup each Dijon mustard and honey, 1 tablespoon rice vinegar, and salt to taste.
17. Cucumber Salsa Make Pico de Gallo (No. 13) and add 1 cup diced seeded cucumber, the juice of 1 lime and 2 tablespoons chopped mint.
18. Reuben Sauce Cook 1 chopped onion, 1/2 cup chopped sauerkraut and 1 teaspoon caraway seeds in a saucepan with olive oil until browned, about 8 minutes. Stir in 2 tablespoons each mayonnaise and ketchup, 2 teaspoons sweet pickle relish, a dash of Worcestershire sauce and 1/2 cup grated Swiss cheese.
19. Hoisin BBQ Sauce Cook 2 minced garlic cloves in a saucepan with olive oil, 1 minute. Stir in 1/2 cup hoisin sauce, 2 tablespoons each rice vinegar and dry sherry, 1 tablespoon each soy sauce and ketchup and 1/3 cup water. Simmer until thick, stirring 20 minutes. Let cool, then add 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil and 1 chopped scallion.
20. Root Beer BBQ Sauce Combine a 12-ounce can of root beer, 1/2 cup ketchup, 1/4 cup each lemon juice and orange juice, 2 tablespoons each barbecue sauce, brown sugar and Worcestershire sauce, 1 tablespoon molasses and 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger in a saucepan. Simmer until thick, stirring 45 minutes.
21. Cajun BBQ Sauce Combine 1 cup barbecue sauce, 1/4 cup bourbon and 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning in a saucepan. Simmer until slightly thick, stirring occasionally, 20 minutes.
22. Spicy Beer BBQ Sauce Combine a 12-ounce bottle of beer, 1 cup barbecue sauce, 1 seeded habanero chile, 1/4 cup chopped pickled jalapenos, 1 teaspoon chipotle chile powder and 1 clove garlic in a saucepan. Simmer until thick, stirring, 30 minutes. Remove the garlic and chile.
23. Herb-Ginger Chutney Puree 1/2 cup each fresh basil, mint and cilantro, 1 tablespoon chopped peeled ginger, 1 seeded jalapeno, 2 tablespoons each chopped onion, lime juice and water, 1 teaspoon each ground coriander, sugar and salt, and 1/4 cup vegetable oil until smooth.
24. Summer Fruit Relish Mix 1 cup each diced nectarines and papaya, 1/4 cup diced red onion, 1 1/2 tablespoons each lime juice and chopped cilantro and 1 teaspoon minced serrano chile. Season with salt.
25. Tangy Steak Sauce Mix 2 teaspoons lemon zest, 1/4 cup molasses and 1/8 teaspoon cayenne with 1 cup steak sauce.
26. Red Onion Marmalade Cook 2 thinly sliced large red onions in a skillet with 1/4 cup olive oil over low heat, covered, until golden, 30 minutes. Stir in 3 tablespoons cider vinegar, 2 tablespoons brown sugar and 1 teaspoon grated peeled ginger; season with salt. Cook until thick, about 20 more minutes.
27. Muffuletta Relish Pulse 1/2 cup each pimiento-stuffed olives and pitted Kalamata olives in a food processor with 1/2 cup pickled vegetables (giardiniera), 2 tablespoons each capers, minced onion and olive oil, 1 tablespoon lemon juice and a pinch of dried oregano.
28. Corn-Tomato Relish Mix 2 chopped green tomatoes, 1/2 cup each cooked corn, chopped onion and seeded chopped cucumber, and 2 tablespoons each chopped parsley, yellow mustard and cider vinegar.
29. Olive Relish Cook 2 chopped onions in a skillet with 2 tablespoons olive oil and 1/2 teaspoon salt over low heat, covered, 10 minutes. Uncover and cook until golden, 30 more minutes. Add 1 minced garlic clove, 1 tablespoon tomato paste, 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives and 1/4 cup white wine; cook 10 more minutes.
30. Bacon-Onion Relish Cook 3 slices diced bacon until crisp; remove and reserve. Add 2 sliced onions to the pan. Season with salt and pepper and cook over low heat, covered, 10 minutes. Uncover and cook until golden, 30 more minutes. Stir in 2 tablespoons chopped parsley and the bacon.
31. Bacon-Swiss Relish Make Bacon-Onion Relish (No. 30). Stir in 1/4 cup each mayonnaise and grated Swiss cheese.
32. Old Bay Mayo Mix 3/4 cup mayonnaise, the zest and juice of 1 lemon, 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning, 1 minced scallion and a few drops of hot sauce.
33. Buffalo Relish Mix 1 cup each crumbled blue cheese and diced celery, 1/4 cup diced red onion, 2 tablespoons each chopped celery leaves and mayonnaise, and 2 teaspoons hot sauce.
34. Peppercorn-Shallot Mayo Mix 3/4 cup mayonnaise, 1 chopped shallot, 1 tablespoon each cracked mixed peppercorns and chopped tarragon, the juice of 1/2 lemon, and salt to taste.
35. Walnut-Pepper Mayo Mix 1 cup mayonnaise, 1/2 cup chopped toasted walnuts, 1/4 cup chopped roasted red pepper, 2 tablespoons chopped parsley and 2 teaspoons lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper.
36. Ancho Mayo Toast 2 seeded dried ancho chiles in a skillet, 1 minute; soak in 1/2 cup hot water until soft, 20 minutes. Puree the chiles and liquid with 2 tablespoons toasted almonds, the juice of 1 orange, 1 tablespoon honey and 3 tablespoons mayonnaise until smooth.
37. Olive-Anchovy Mayo Mix 3/4 cup mayonnaise, 1/2 cup chopped pitted Kalamata olives, 4 chopped anchovies, 1 tablespoon chopped parsley and 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard.
38. Ginger-Miso Mayo Mix 2 tablespoons white miso, 3/4 cup mayonnaise, 1 tablespoon grated peeled ginger and 2 teaspoons honey.
39. Thai Curry Mayo Mix 1/2 cup mayonnaise, 1 tablespoon ketchup, 2 teaspoons red curry paste, 1/2 teaspoon fish sauce and the juice of 1 lime. Season with salt.
40. Avocado-Chile Spread Puree 1 avocado, 1/2 cup sour cream or crema, 1/4 cup canned chopped green chiles, the juice of 1 lime and 1/2 clove garlic until smooth. Season with salt.
41. Chile-Cheese Mayo Mix 1/4 cup each mayonnaise, grated cheddar, canned chopped green chiles and chopped scallions.
42. Sriracha Mayo Stir together 1/2 cup mayonnaise and 1/4 cup each Sriracha and sweet pickle relish.
43. Jalapeno Tartar Sauce Mix 1 cup each mayonnaise and chopped pickled jalapenos, 1 chopped scallion, 1 tablespoon each lime juice and chopped cilantro and 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce.
44. Pickle Sauce Mix 1/2 cup mayonnaise, 2 tablespoons each chopped dill and minced onion, 2 tablespoons chopped sweet pickles or relish, 1 tablespoon ketchup and 1 teaspoon each cider vinegar and sugar.
45. Wasabi Ranch Sauce Mix 3/4 cup ranch dressing, 1/2 cup grated cucumber, the juice of 1/2 lemon and 1 tablespoon wasabi paste. Season with salt.
46. Spicy Duck Sauce Mix 1/2 cup duck sauce, 3 tablespoons horseradish, 1 tablespoon apricot preserves, 2 teaspoons rice vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil, and salt to taste.
47. Kimchi Salsa Mix 1 1/2 cups diced tomatoes, 3/4 cup chopped kimchi, 1/3 cup chopped cilantro and the juice of 1 lemon. Season with salt.
48. Saffron-Pepper Sauce Cook a pinch each of saffron and red pepper flakes in a skillet with 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat, 1 minute. Add 1/3 cup piquillo peppers and cook 3 minutes. Puree with 1 tablespoon lemon juice. Season with salt.
49. Carrot-Chile Slaw Mix 1/2 pound grated carrots, 1/4 cup each sweet Thai chile sauce, lime juice and chopped cilantro, 2 teaspoons fish sauce and 2 chopped scallions.
50. Chipotle Sauce Puree 2 chipotles in adobo sauce with 1/2 cup sour cream or crema and 1/2 clove garlic. Season with salt.