Here’s something you need to know about: It appears someone is out there posing as Water Utility employees in order to gain access to people’s homes. Not good! Officials say here’s what you should do:
- Never let anyone in your house that you don’t know. Common sense? Sure, but some folks are very trusting.
- You can call the La Crosse Utilities office to verify the identity of anyone saying they’re a utility worker. The number to call is 608-789-7536.
- Always ask to see a photo ID badge.
- Are they driving a blue La Crosse Water Utility vehicle? Real workers should be!
- If you get a call from someone that says they’re from the Water Department, tell them you’re going to hang up and call the department back. Again, use the official number, 608-789-7536
- Utility staff will never ask for money!
- If you think there is an imposter at your door, CALL THE POLICE! And don’t be afraid to use 9-1-1 if you feel you are in any danger!