Crockpot Chicken Corn Soup
You just want to pull the covers over your head and only come out to get more food or to check to see if the snow had stopped. Try this soup for supper tonight….it can’t hurt!
- 3 Chicken Breasts
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 carrots, diced
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 1 small can creamed corn
- 1 16 oz bag frozen corn
- 1/4 pound angel hair pasta, broken in pieces
- Sauté onion and carrots until tender. (if you don’t have time for this just skip it. It just add another layer of flavor but not necessary)
- Add all ingredients to a slow cooker, including the raw chicken breast.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Before serving remove the chicken breasts and shred them. Read how I shred chicken breasts in under a minute.
- Return the shredded chicken to the pot.
- Add the broken pieces of angel hair pasta to the slow cooker and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- Adjust seasoning to taste with salt and pepper.