This is an iconic Australian recipe that was created by famous french chef Escoffier in honour of the famous Australian opera singer Dame Nellie Melba.
- 1 can peaches drained
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 package frozen raspberries
- Ice cream to serve
- raspberries ( for garnish)
- In a small saucepan, add the peaches, vanilla, sugar and water.
- Bring to the boil and cook for 2 minutes. Pour into a bowl to cool.
- Using 1 cup of syrup from the peaches in a saucpan, add the raspberries and heat until warm.
- Blend raspberry mix together and pour through a sieve to remove seeds.
- To assemble, ladle peaches over ice-cream, drizzle with raspberry sauce and garnish with reserved raspberries.