I found this sweet treat just in time for Easter Peeps that are now in stores!
Its a variation on marshmallow crispy bars….also choose any color and flavor of peeps for a fun take on these bars.
- Cooking spray, for pan
- 7 c. Rice Krispies, divided
- 9 4-count packages Peeps, in three different colors
- 4 1/2 tbsp. butter, divided
- Grease an 8″-x-8” baking dish with cooking spray and line with parchment paper, then grease parchment paper with cooking spray.
- In a medium, microwave-safe bowl, combine 2 1/3 cup Rice Krispies, 12 Peeps of one color, and 1 1/2 tablespoons butter, then microwave until Peeps expand and butter is melted, 40 seconds. Using a spatula or greased hands, combine until fully mixed.
- Spread Peepsie mixture into baking dish, then press to flatten. Repeat with remaining colors.
- Refrigerate until solid, 15 minutes, then slice and serve.