Well now! Here is a recipe from years gone by…Throw back Thursday with this one!
Chili Bourbon Meatballs
- 2 lbs. frozen, pre-cooked meatballs, heated according to package directions (or homemade meatballs, cooked)
- 2 cups bottled chili sauce
- 1 cup grape jelly
- ½ teaspoon hot sauce
- 1-2 tablespoons bourbon (optional)
- In the bowl of a slow cooker, combine chili sauce, grape jelly, hot sauce and bourbon. Heat on high until sauce is heated through, about 5 minutes, and whisk to combine thoroughly.
- Add meatballs to slow cooker and stir to coat evenly with sauce. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 45 minutes. Serve immediately.
- If you’re not serving these right away, you can leave them in the slow cooker on the “Keep Warm” setting. If you have leftovers (which is unlikely!), extra meatballs will keep in the refrigerator for a day or two; reheat either in the slow cooker, microwave, or on the stove top before serving.