Here is a yummy way to use up that left over steak from the cookout over the weekend.
- 1 leftover steak, sliced thin
- 2 medium onions, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 5 large eggs
- kosher salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- chopped chives or scallions
- Saute sliced onions in a tablespoon of butter with a sprinkling of salt over medium-low heat for a few minutes until they start to caramelize.
- Cover with lid and lower heat; continue cooking for 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the onions are light golden brown.
- Add any reserved drippings from the leftover steak.
- Stir in sliced steak and heat through; remove from heat and set aside.
- In a clean nonstick skillet, heat a pat of butter and a little olive oil.