To clean, disinfect, and deodorize the garbage disposal with these two ingredients:
- Pour 2 cups of baking soda into the garbage disposal drain.
- Slowly pour in ½ cup of vinegar.
- Let the cleaner sit for an hour.
- After an hour, turn on the water and the disposal and run it for a minute.
- Freshen up with lemon peels. Citrus peels contain powerful cleaners, and they make everything smell great. To make your garbage disposal smell like fresh lemons, juice a lemon and reserve the juice for another use. Cut up the peel into 1-inch chunks. Turn on the water, turn on the disposal, and feed the lemon peels into the disposal a few at a time.
- You can use any citrus peel for cleaning and deodorizing your disposal, including orange, lime, or grapefruit.