Getting excited about the King Apple parade at Applefest on Sunday? Well, the City Of La Crescent has posted some rules about what you can and can’t do. Here’s the rundown:
- No person shall place any items marking a specific area on the public right of way or any city boulevard.
- Items not allowed include; portable shelters, tarps, couches, chairs, awnings, tents, blankets, tarps and / or building materials such as rocks, bricks marking stakes, ribbon, tape or rope. (or similar items in which to reserve a spot on city property).
- Public sidewalks, where applicable, shall remain open and walkable to the public at all times – including during the parade.
- ITEMS MARKING OR INDICATING RESERVATION OF AN AREA ON THE PUBLIC RIGHT OF WAY (IN VIOLATION OF THE ABOVE POLICY) WILL BE REMOVED AND DISPOSED OF IN ACCORDANCE TO EXISTING PROCEDURES, POLICIES AND ORDINANCES.
- Thank you for your part in keeping La crescent safe and clear of clutter as we prepare to celebrate our city this weekend