A healthy and easy recipe for infants and toddlers. Oats, bananas and coconut oil combine with optional spices to make a yummy alternative to commercial teether wafers.
- 4 cups quick cooking or old fashioned oats
- 2 medium bananas, very ripe
- 4-5 tbsp. coconut oil, melted (I needed 5)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with either parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Set aside.
- Place oats in the bowl of a food processor or high speed blender and pulse until they become oat flour.
- Peel bananas and add in small chunks to the food processor.
- Add coconut oil (start with 4 tbsp.), vanilla, nutmeg and cinnamon (if using) and pulse until a thick dough forms. If the dough is too dry or crumbly, add the additional 1 tbsp. of coconut oil.
- Scoop out an approximately 1 inch portion of the dough and form into a rectangular (wafer) shape with rounded edges that is about ¼ inch thick and place on the baking sheet.
- Complete the previous step until you have used up all of the dough.
- Place in the preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- Flip all of the biscuits and cook for an additional 5-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool completely.
- Store in airtight container for up to a week or freeze for up to 3 months.