Forget those leftover Turkey sandwiches – Thanksgiving Leftovers Turkey Shepherd’s Pie is the leftover dish you want to make.
So, it’s the day after Thanksgiving and just when you think you can’t look at another bite of turkey, you find yourself somehow craving it all over again.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion chopped small
- 3 cups leftover turkey cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 1/2 cups leftover carrots chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 1/2 cups leftover green beans cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 to 1 cup leftover gravy
- 2 cups leftover stuffing
- 4 cups leftover mashed potato
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
Add the onion and cook until it starts start to soften, about 3-5 minutes.
Stir in the turkey, carrots and green beans and peas and cook until heated through, then stir in the gravy.
Pour the turkey mixture into a 2 quart casserole dish.
Top with the stuffing and smooth to an even layer, then top with the mashed potato.
Place the casserole dish onto a baking sheet in case it bubbles over and bake for 15-20 until the top is browned.
This amount depends on how much liquid you like to use. Too much can cause bubbling over